We Just Want to Say, “Thanks for Giving!”
It’s a short work week for many of us and we’re looking forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Maybe you are even starting to experience that strange blend of excitement and dread about holiday shopping on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday. But it is certainly a time to reflect on what we are thankful for, and most importantly, to let those who bring joy into our lives know how much we appreciate them.
We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for all the clients, prospects and community members who have participated with us in charitable and service projects throughout this year as part of our conference activities and events. Many of you have enhanced the efforts of our employees in reaching out to help others in need, and we say, “thank you!” for your enthusiastic action and support. Whether you were “hands on” in one of our impact projects or contributed to a charity drive, you have made a big difference in the lives of others.
Here are a few examples of the activities where you joined with us to create positive change in our communities:
- California Purchasers Health Care Coalition (CPHCC) Conference – Donations collected for Action for Healthy Kids with contributions matched by Keenan.
- California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO) Annual Conference – Attendees assembled Teacher Appreciation Kits which were donated to Long Beach Unified School District.
- Regional Employee/Employer Partnership for Benefits – Participants made cash donations to assist victims of the recent wildfires in Riverside County, matched by Debra Yorba and Keenan.
- California School Boards Association (CSBA) Conference (Nov 30 – Dec 2) – Booth visitors will help put together Teacher Appreciation Kits that will be distributed to San Diego area schools.
- California Public Employers Labor Relations Association (CALPELRA) Conference (Dec 5-7) – Conference attendees will work on stuffing Teddy Bears to be provided to kids with special needs through the Special Kids Crusade.
If you’d like another opportunity to make a difference with us, we encourage you to take part in Giving Tuesday, November 28, 2017. It’s a global day of giving, but the website includes a directory to help you find organizations, charities, events you can support in your own community.
Keenan wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving and, once again, “Thanks for Giving!