TORRANCE, Calif. – July 15, 2015 – Keenan, the largest privately held insurance brokerage and consulting firm in California, was recently named as a finalist in the Corporate Social Responsibility category of the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2015 Nonprofit and Corporate Citizenship Awards.
The annual awards program recognizes the dedication of nonprofit organizations and the corporate citizens that support nonprofits through philanthropy, volunteerism, board support and corporate partnerships throughout Los Angeles.
The Keenan corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative is designed to make a lasting impact on selected communities, increase resources available to and quality of life for individuals and families in need, introduce Keenan associates to and offer opportunities for ongoing involvement by Keenan associates, and fulfill a longstanding corporate commitment to service and giving back.
Keenan CSR activities include:
- Impact Days when all employees join together to accomplish community service projects
- Abuse Prevention Center to provide resources to help schools prevent physical and sexual abuse
- Corporate Work Study internships for high school students
- School Supplies Drive to assemble backpacks for students
- California YMCA Youth & Government Program for middle and high school students
- Holiday Drive collection of food and toys for under-served families and children
- Volunteer Time Off, giving each employee two paid days annually to volunteer with a non-profit organization
“Our company appreciates being among the organizations recognized for supporting and giving back to the communities where we do business. This has been a fundamental commitment for Keenan since its founding,” said Dan Keenan, Senior Vice President. “We have been gratified to see the growth in our CSR programs and the opportunities they afford for our associates to make a difference.”
For information on Keenan insurance brokerage and consulting programs, visit www.keenan.com.
Founded in 1972, Keenan is the 17th largest insurance consulting and brokerage firm in the U.S., and the largest independent broker in California. Keenan is dedicated to providing superior insurance products and services to schools, community colleges, healthcare organizations and municipalities for employee benefits, health benefit management services, workers’ compensation, risk management, and property and liability. With headquarters in Torrance, CA, Keenan has a staff of more than 675 insurance specialists and branch offices in Riverside, San Clemente, Oakland, San Jose, Rancho Cordova, Redwood City, Pleasanton and Eureka. For more information, call 800-654-8102 or 310-212-3344, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.keenan.com.