Defensive Driving: The Road Less Traveled?
Some of us spend a lot of time behind the wheel while on the job, while others are looking forward to taking a break from work with a fun summer road trip. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, we all need to take the job of driving seriously. Before you put your vehicle in gear, we invite you to watch our Keenan Safety Shorts video, Defensive Driving Awareness, to review several important reminders for street-smart travel.
In this brief, funny – yet informative – animated feature, our hero, Pete, demonstrates that the best offense for safe driving is a good defense! Five important points to remember will help prevent accidents and reduce aggravation with other drivers:
- Make sure your car is ready for the road – proper maintenance will avoid disappointing breakdowns and gives your car optimum responsiveness in an emergency.
- Be aware of the conditions around you – pay close attention to weather, traffic and road hazards you may encounter suddenly.
- Eliminate distractions – operating a vehicle is no time to multi-task.
- The three second rule – maintain a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you. With poor weather and darkness, you need to increase this margin of safety!
- Control your emotions – anger and frustration lead to poor decision making. Keep your stress in check and let aggressive drivers pass you.
If you are hitting the highway on this Memorial Day weekend, we encourage you to watch this Safety Short and put these defensive driving tips into action. We want you back to read next week’s blog!
About Keenan Safety Shorts
We have created a series of Keenan Safety Shorts, starring Pete and Jen along with other entertaining characters, showing us why personal safety is a personal responsibility. You can view all the Safety Shorts here.