TORRANCE, Calif. – August 11, 2016 – Keenan, the largest privately held insurance brokerage and consulting firm in California, will hold its fourth annual Impact Day on Mon., Aug. 22, and Tues., Aug. 23, in conjunction with its 2016 annual meeting at the Centre at Sycamore Plaza in Lakewood, Calif. The Keenan Impact Day initiative is a reflection of the firm’s strong commitment to community involvement and corporate social responsibility.
This year, after their morning meeting, Keenan staff members will board school buses that will take them to several greater Los Angeles area schools and community non-profit organizations whose focus is on children. The Keenan volunteers will work on a variety of projects, including:
- Painting a mural and assembling and staining picnic tables at Ball Junior High School (Anaheim)
- Planting gardens, prepping classrooms for the new school year, and helping put together a Best Buddies Room for special needs kids at Franklin Middle School (Long Beach)
- Sanding, priming and repainting the wrought iron fence surrounding Colin Powell Academy for Success (Long Beach)
- Assembling 1,000 backpacks for students at Colin Powell Academy for Success and Los Angeles Team Mentoring (Los Angeles); assembly to take place at Colin Powell Academy
- Assembling bikes in preparation for Christmas for The Children’s Institute (Los Angeles); assembly to take place at Long Beach office
- Preparing dinners for families staying at Ronald McDonald House (Long Beach)
- Assisting For the Child (Long Beach) in hosting a Family Fun Day for the children they serve
- Participating in a “scrub the club” effort at Boys & Girls Club (Long Beach)
- Assembling “good night kits” for children living at and served by St. Anne’s (Los Angeles); assembly to take place at the Centre at Sycamore Plaza in Lakewood
“Keenan is committed to supporting the communities where our associates live and in which we do business,” said Sean Smith, President and CEO of Keenan. “Our Impact Day efforts help to enrich the organizations that deliver vital services to those in need. It’s a wonderful opportunity for our employees to engage the community on a different level.”
The concept behind Keenan Impact Day is to select a local community on an annual basis, then bring together non-profits and Keenan associates to provide much needed support for those agencies and their constituencies.
In the past, many of the projects involved assembly-type activities. This year, Keenan employees will not only have an opportunity to work on a variety of new projects, but they will also get to see the results of their efforts directly.
For information on Keenan insurance brokerage and consulting programs, visit www.keenan.com.
Founded in 1972, Keenan is a top 25 largest insurance consulting and brokerage firm in the U.S., and the largest independent broker in California. Keenan is dedicated to providing superior insurance products and services to schools, community colleges, healthcare organizations and municipalities for employee benefits, health benefit management services, workers’ compensation, risk management, and property and liability. With headquarters in Torrance, CA, Keenan has a staff of more than 700 insurance specialists and branch offices in Riverside, San Clemente, Oakland, San Jose, Rancho Cordova, Redwood City, Pleasanton and Eureka. For more information, call 800-654-8102 or 310-212-3344, email email@example.com or visit www.keenan.com.