OAKLAND, Calif. – August 11, 2016 – Keenan, the largest privately held insurance brokerage and consulting firm in California, will hold its fourth annual Impact Day on Thurs., Aug. 25, in conjunction with its 2016 annual meeting at the Sam Ramon Marriott in San Ramon, Calif. The Keenan Impact Day initiative is a reflection of the firm’s strong commitment to community involvement and corporate social responsibility.
This year, after their morning meeting, Keenan staff members will board buses that will take them to several Dublin Unified School District schools as well various East Bay community non-profit organizations whose focus is on children. The Keenan volunteers will work on a variety of projects, including:
- Planting a garden at Amador Elementary School (Dublin) and building and painting a new storage shed to go with the garden
- Upgrading a computer lab at Frederiksen Elementary School (Dublin) to make it more user-friendly
- Designing and arranging an outdoor patio area at Nielsen Educational Center (Dublin) for teachers and administrators to use when attending training sessions
- Working with Capes4Heroes (San Ramon) to prepare, personalize and package superhero capes for kids with disabilities, kids with life threatening illnesses and kids who need to feel empowered
- Partnering with Shepherd’s Gate (Livermore) for several different projects including helping them move into their new thrift store, preparing auction baskets for their upcoming fundraiser, and washing windows, changing bed linens and general gardening at their main campus
“Keenan is committed to supporting the communities where our associates live and in which we do business,” said Sean Smith, President and CEO of Keenan. “Our Impact Day efforts help to enrich the organizations that deliver vital services to those in need. It’s a wonderful opportunity for our employees to engage the community on a different level.”
The concept behind Keenan Impact Day is to select a local community on an annual basis, then bring together non-profits and Keenan associates to provide much needed support for those agencies and their constituencies.
In the past, many of the projects involved assembly-type activities. This year, Keenan employees will not only have an opportunity to work on a variety of new projects, but they will also get to see the results of their efforts directly.
For information on Keenan insurance brokerage and consulting programs, visit www.keenan.com.
Founded in 1972, Keenan is a top 25 largest insurance consulting and brokerage firm in the U.S., and the largest independent broker in California. Keenan is dedicated to providing superior insurance products and services to schools, community colleges, healthcare organizations and municipalities for employee benefits, health benefit management services, workers’ compensation, risk management, and property and liability. With headquarters in Torrance, CA, Keenan has a staff of more than 700 insurance specialists and branch offices in Riverside, San Clemente, Oakland, San Jose, Rancho Cordova, Redwood City, Pleasanton and Eureka. For more information, call 800-654-8102 or 310-212-3344, email email@example.com or visit www.keenan.com.