What to do Between the Next Two Thursdays?
We’ve all heard of the 12 Days of Christmas… but how many of you have heard of the dreaded “7 In-Between” Days (AKA… “Mommy, I’m bored”).
You know… those post-Holiday days when your adrenaline is still running high and many children and adults are still off from school/work, but you are also looking for “something fun” to do, to keep in the holiday spirit. Consider some of these options:
1. Visit a Museum or Aquarium or Zoo – Lots of museums, aquariums and zoos up and down the coast offer FREE or highly discounted tickets for kids and seniors… and some offer discounted entrance fees if you happen to be a AAA member, or have served in the military.
2. Enjoy the white stuff – Even in the sunny state of California, you can find plenty of places to go skiing, snowboarding or ice skating. And if balancing on skis, snowboards or ice skates isn’t your thing, consider sledding, tubing or tobogganing, since these activities are done sitting down!
3. Clean out a closet… or two – Make some time to sort through your clothes to give to charity; thumb through your DVDs and CDs to see what you can pass along to friends and other family members. Pack up old blankets and give them to your local animal shelter to help keep pets warm during the cold months. Getting rid of excess “stuff” will make you feel “lighter” and happier!
4. Rearrange the furniture – When boredom sets in and all else fails, opt for a try-something-new freebie. Stand back, take a good look at that Living Room or Bedroom, and get creative. Add a plant, a few new decorative pillows and a colorful throw and you’ve got a fresh new look for the new year.
5. Gather for New Year’s Eve – Invite a few selected friends and family members over for a night of friendship and good conversation! Prepare some favorite snacks and beverages, then settle on the sofa to watch as midnight is rung in around the world.
Before you know it, that “dreaded week” will have passed and you’ll be counting the days until it arrives again next year!
About JoAnn Angeli
JoAnn is Keenan’s Meetings & Events Specialist as well as the proud “momma” to Chewy, her 5-year old canine “son”. When she’s not planning an event for the Company, JoAnn keeps busy by getting involved in her community.