TORRANCE, Calif. – October 9, 2015 – Keenan, the largest privately held insurance brokerage and consulting firm in California, recently held its 2015 Impact Day community involvement events in Southern California and Northern California. The annual project touches hundreds of lives throughout the state and beyond by benefiting a total of 26 non-profit organizations, social services agencies and school districts. The number of organizations assisted through this year’s effort represented a significant increase over the 17 participants in 2014.
“This was our third year for Impact Day in Southern California and our second in Northern California. It’s now a tradition we eagerly anticipate as an amazing opportunity to come together for the benefit of the communities where we live and work,” said Keenan President and CEO Sean Smith. “The effort is a centerpiece of our commitment to community investment. And we hope other companies can use Impact Day as a model for their own community service efforts.”
Organizations benefiting from 2015 Impact Day in Southern California were:
- Operation Gratitude (Van Nuys)
- Los Angeles Team Mentoring (Los Angeles)
- 1736 Family Crisis Center (Los Angeles)
- Children’s Institute (Los Angeles)
- Echoes of Hope (El Segundo)
- Cheer for Children (Redondo Beach)
- Volunteer Center (Torrance)
- Playworks (Carson)
- Carson Animal Shelter (Carson)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the South Bay (Harbor City)
- For the Child (Long Beach)
- Long Beach Rescue Mission (Long Beach)
- Operation Jump Start (Long Beach)
- Riverside Police Officers Association (Riverside)
- Riverside County Office of Education (Riverside)
- Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center (Riverside)
- Angels’ Closet (Redlands)
- Fred Finch Youth Center (Lemon Grove)
Organizations in Northern California were:
- Bay Area Rescue Mission (Richmond)
- West Contra Costa Unified School District (Richmond)
- Fred Finch Youth Center (Oakland)
- Oakland Kids First (Oakland)
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Foundation (Oakland)
- Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano (Concord)
- SHELTER, Inc. (Concord)
- The Family Giving Tree (Milpitas)
The events resulted in the assembly of thousands of donated items including various food items, toiletry kits, clothing, backpacks with school items, school emergency kits, care packages and letters for military troops, goodnight kits for children with blankets and teddy bears, button art kits for after-school programs, children’s books and toys, dog and cat toys, hiking kits, and birthdays in a box.
Nearly all of the company’s 700 associates participated in the events, which took place on Aug. 26 and 27 at the Manhattan Beach Marriott and on Sept. 3 at the San Ramon Marriott. In addition to its Torrance headquarters, Keenan maintains offices in Eureka, Oakland, Pleasanton, Rancho Cordova, Redwood City, Riverside, San Clemente and San Jose.
Keenan reached out to many of its vendors for their support of this initiative through financial contributions and by donating products, services and personal time. The two event venues also provided support in the form of food for the boxed lunches, toiletries, and collection of donated goods.
For information on Keenan insurance brokerage and consulting programs, visit www.keenan.com.
Founded in 1972, Keenan is the 17th largest insurance consulting and brokerage firm in the U.S., and the largest independent broker in California. Keenan is dedicated to providing superior insurance products and services to schools, community colleges, healthcare organizations and municipalities for employee benefits, health benefit management services, workers’ compensation, risk management, and property and liability. With headquarters in Torrance, CA, Keenan has a staff of more than 675 insurance specialists and branch offices in Riverside, San Clemente, Oakland, San Jose, Rancho Cordova, Redwood City, Pleasanton and Eureka. For more information, call 800-654-8102 or 310-212-3344, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.keenan.com.