The Statewide Educational Wrap Up Program ( SEWUP) is the largest rolling construction insurance program for California public educational agencies with billions in insured values to-date. It provides a comprehensive, safety-focused, risk-controlled, cost effective Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) covering the job-site risks of the district (owner), general contractor, contractors, and subcontractors of all tiers.
All of Your Needs in One Program: Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Builders Risk, Contractors Pollution, Excess Professional Liability, insurance administration, claims oversight and loss control services.
Consolidated for All Parties: Reducing issues such as cross litigation, coverage disputes across insurers, and the expense of multiple attorneys.
Backed by a Highly Financially Rated, Respected Insurance Company: All coverage lines are backed by Zurich, Best Rated A XV, dedicated to serving both Public Agencies and Construction.
Dedicated Loss Control Service: Working in partnership with you to ensure a safe project and low loss ratios.
With Unmatched Benefits:
- Dedicated only to School Districts and Community College Districts
- Access to a Network of Districts facing the same challenges
- Managed by your Peers
- Dedicated Project Limits
- Broader Coverage
- Loss Control and Claims Specialists
- 10 Years Unified Defense
- Uniformity of coverage for all participants
- More localized contractor participation
- Reduced administrative burden on district staff
- Potential Loss Fund returns with positive program loss history